Today, on Good Friday, I made Pioneer Woman’s Hot Cross buns and they are delicious! It’s the same dough as her cinnamon rolls. A few notes about making the recipe:
- Scalding milk is at 180 degrees so I used a thermometer to heat the milk mixture to this. Then I let it cool for 30 minutes
- I was able to make one recipe in my 3.5 qt saucepan
- I added a pinch of cardamom and a pinch of allspice to the sugar mixture
- Mine got a little dark. I would cook it at 375 degrees for 15 minutes
- For the icing I mixed 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and 4 teaspoons milk.